This contract template is for general use between a visual artist and a buyer commissioning artwork. The download includes a word document (which enables editing), a manual for use in connection with the contract template, and a numbered pdf that corresponds with the manual. The contract addresses terms such as:
- The artwork subject to the agreement, including title (or working title), size, materials used, media, framing, and mounting;
- Identification of any sketch phase, the production phase, and installation, if applicable;
- Compensation (allowing the artist to break down the fee into a non-refunable design fee, materials fee, artwork price, and applicable delivery and installation fees);
- Copyright and limited grant of rights to the buyer (and rights reserved to the artist); and
- Risk of loss and insurance.
This contract is for general use and does not offer, nor should it be interpreted as offering, legal advice. If you wish to book a limited, discounted consultation to review this contract template with Spear IP following your purchase, the cost is $95 and you may schedule that consultation here.