Work for Hire + IP Assignment Contract SKU: 151234
Contract template for use when an individual or business wants to ensure that it owns all intellectual property rights to content created by a creative contractor (such as a graphic designer, guest blogger, web designer, etc.). (Detailed description below.)
Add to Cart
This contract template is for general use when you (as an individual or business) want to ensure that you own all intellectual property rights to content created by a creative contractor (such as a graphic designer, guest blogger, web designer, etc.). The download includes a word document (which enables editing), a manual for use in connection with the contract template, and a numbered pdf that corresponds with the manual. This short contract addresses terms such as:
- The services provided by the creative contractor (or "Contributor");
- Ownership of all creative work product provided by the Contributor via "work for hire;"
- In the event the relationship does not qualify as what is known as "work for hire," an automatic assignment of all copyright in that creative work product;
- A requirement that the contributor "warrant" (promise) that all creative work product he or she contributes is original and does not infringe on any other work); and
- A requirement that the contributor safeguard confidential information it learns regarding your business.
Note: this contract does not speak to precise deliverables, a detailed scope of services, or schedule/deadlines for the contractor. It is drafted in order to be a simple, one-page solution for ensuring intellectual property ownership of work created by a contractor during the performance of his or her services.
This contract is for general use and does not offer, nor should it be interpreted as offering, legal advice. If you wish to book a limited, discounted consultation to review this contract template with Spear IP following your purchase, the cost is $95 and you may schedule that consultation here.