This contract template is for use when you (as podcast owner) want to make the policies for appearing on your podcast clear to your guests. The download includes a word document (which enables editing), a manual for use in connection with the contract template, and a numbered pdf that corresponds with the manual. This short contract addresses terms such as:
- Name and likeness release by the guest;
- Ownership of the IP surrounding the resulting recordings;
- A requirement that the guest "warrant" (promise) that all materials he or she delivers (like a headshot, company logo, and/or bio) is original and does not infringe on any other work, or that he or she has all rights necessary to allow you to use those materials for purposes of podcast promotion;
- Waiver of the guest's right to approve a final recording prior to publication/distribution of the episode; and
- An "out" if the interview does not go well and you do not wish to publish or distribute that particular episode.
This contract is for general use and does not offer, nor should it be interpreted as offering, legal advice. If you wish to book a limited, discounted consultation to review this contract template with Spear IP following your purchase, the cost is $95 and you may schedule that consultation here.